A soft banana cake loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Do you like snacking?
What about snacking on sweets?
Take your banana cake up a notch and create this addicting Banana Chocolate Chip Snacking Cake.
It’s simple. It’s sweet. And it hits the spot!
This cake uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
So let’s get baking!
The outcome is pure perfection — the flavor combination of bananas and chocolate is amazing!
It’s perfect to enjoy with your morning coffee. It’s ideal to bring it to work or pack in your kids lunch for an mid-morning or afternoon pick-me-up snack.
And it’s even great to eat after dinner as you unwind from the day watching your favorite show or movie on Netflix.
Banana Chocolate Chip Snacking Cake
By: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 13×9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the ripe bananas to a small bowl and mash well and set aside.
- Into a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl, and set aside until ready to use.
- Into a large bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar and beat to medium-high speed until creamy. With the mixer on medium-speed, add the eggs and beat well, then add the vanilla and mashed bananas and mix until combined. With the mixer on low-speed, slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth to an even layer with a spatula . Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack then slice into pieces.
I hope this Banana Chocolate Chip Snacking Cake becomes a favorite of yours!