Big, soft cookies filled with sweet chocolate malted egg shaped candy.
Get ready for the Spring and Easter by breaking out your baking sheets and whip up a batch of these beautiful cookies.
These Malted Robin Egg Cookies only use a few simple ingredients along with my favorite, Whoppers Malted Robin Egg candies.
The result is a super soft cookie with that unique flavor combination of malt and chocolate.
They really are THAT good!
For me, I made them extra big and that is the look I was going for. But you can use a smaller scoop or easily double the recipe to make more cookies.
I will warn you, they do go fast!
Not only are these cookies pretty to look at, they are pretty tasty too!
They’re the perfect addition to any spring holiday dessert table — great as a snack or dessert.
Your family and friends will love them!
Malted Robin Egg Cookies
By: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yoke
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped mini malted robin egg candiesInstructions:
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Into a large bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugars and beat on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes, until light and creamy. Then add the egg, egg yoke and vanilla and beat until combined. With the mixer on low-speed, slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand and add the chopped mini candy eggs and mix with a rubber spatula.
- With a large cookie scoop (about 3 tablespoons) of dough for each cookie and place on your lined baking sheets. Cook for about 14-16 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
Wishing you a wonderful Easter! Enjoy the pretty spring treats!
One thought on “Malted Robin Egg Cookies”
These look fun Sheila – I miss your office treats! How are you?? Are you working somewhere or enjoying the time off?? Steve