The sweet, crisp flavor of apples combined with warm spices make these autumn inspired bars taste just like donuts!
Get ready to heat up your oven for fall baking!
And it’s the perfect time as Halloween is upon us next week. So, to celebrate the season of all things warm and wonderful, today let’s turn ordinary blondies into spell-binding donut bars!
That’s right, forget all that fuss, mess and time to make real donuts, instead make these easy and delicious Apple Cider Donut Blondies!
And if you’re like me, short on time and big on making sweets – this recipe is for you.
It only takes a few simple ingredients to whip these up, and the result is pure fall baking perfection!
They are soft, chewy and the flavor combination is AMAZING! And the cinnamon-sugar topping takes these little treats to a whole new level. So, if you like apples more than pumpkin, then you’ve got to try these scrumptiously spooktacular blondies!
Apple Cider Donut Blondies
By: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (for brushing over top)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar + 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon mixed (for sprinkling over top)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8×8-inch baking dish; line with parchment paper them spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Into a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt and whisk until combined. Set aside until ready to use.
- Into a large bowl, add the butter and brown sugar, and mix until smooth. Add the apple cider, egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add the flour/spice mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean. While still hot, brush the melted butter over the bars and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cool for about 30 minutes in the pan, then lift using the parchment paper and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut and serve!
Note: This recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 13×9-inch pan. The time will also need to be adjusted — I would say 40 minutes.
Time to turn up the heat in your kitchen and make a batch or two of these magical Apple Cider Donut Blondies!