Soft and pretty citrus stamped lemon shortbread cookies to brighten your day!
Lemon. One of my all-time favorite flavors – especially during the summer months.
So, if you love lemon like I do, you’ve got to make these Lemon Shortbread Cookies.
And what makes these even prettier is using a citrus stamp to press the design of a lemon onto the cookie. Not only do they look like a slice of lemon, but they taste incredible!
Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of fall inspired recipes — but I’m just not there yet!
I really can’t think about pumpkin spice when the sun is shining upon me. So, I’m keeping the summer recipes going for as long as I can!
And with the heat finally giving us a bit of a break (it’s finally under 100 degrees here), now is the perfect time to whip up a batch of these delightfully delicious Lemon Shortbread Cookies!
These cookies are easy to make with only a few basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry!
And if you don’t have a pretty citrus cookie stamp, now is the time to invest — you won’t be sorry as the result is so inviting!
So, turn on your oven and get the ingredients ready!
Not only are these cookies simple to prepare, the outcome is a soft, delicate cookie with the amazing citrusy lemon flavor — one that I cannot resist!
Lemon Shortbread Cookies
by: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for stamping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. And put 1/4 cup of granulated sugar into low bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Into a large bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugar for about 2-3 minutes. Add the zest, salt and vanilla; mix until combined. Then add the flour and mix on low until just combined.
- Roll dough into 1-1/2 inch balls and chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Then place cookie balls on prepared cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. Spray citrus cookie stamp with non-stick spray, then dip into granulated sugar. Gentry press the stamp onto the cookie dough to create the embossed design, pressing down to about 1/4 inch thickness. Re-spray and dip into the sugar as needed.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly on the pan the transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat and enjoy!
Note: I used Nordic Ware Citrus Cookie Stamps and the recipe from the box.
Bring a little citrus sunshine into your day with these Lemon Shortbread Cookies!