A basic cookie recipe dotted with chocolate turned into easy soft baked Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
If you love traditional chocolate chip cookies, but you either don’t like to or don’t have the time to make 4 dozen individual cookies – this recipe is for you!
These bars have that same wonderful, distinct taste as your favorite cookie, but this recipe will save you a whole bunch of time. And if you’re short of time, but in need of a sweet treat, you’ve come to the right place!
No individual scooping. No waiting for batch after batch to cook. Just a basic recipe with the best outcome!
It’s simple. Just make the dough, toss in the chocolate, dump it into your pan, and in what seems like no time, you’ll have fresh, hot, and soft baked cookie bars.
Nothing could be easier. Nothing could be better. And your home will be filled with that amazing aroma of freshly baked cookies.
Hard to resist, I know. Now I love traditional chocolate chip cookies, and truth be told, my family would prefer that I make the actual cookies instead of the bars.
But for me, I am a huge bar-making type of girl! Not only because it takes less time, I just prefer baking and eating bars over cookies. What about you?
Anyway, because I decided to make the bars instead of the cookies, I used milk chocolate and white chocolate chips, as they are my family’s favorites!
You can change up this recipe by varying the types of chocolate you use; such as different types of chocolate chips, M&M’s, chopped up candy bars, sprinkles, or whatever your heart or stomach desires!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
by: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons cornstarch (or tapioca flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter and let cool while preparing the other ingredients.
- Into a medium bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, and salt and whisk together, then set aside.
- Add cooled butter to a large bowl then add the sugars and mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until well incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix with a spoon. Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Pour cookie dough into prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and slice into squares.
So go ahead, whip up a pan of these delectable Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars today!
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars”
These look so good! 💛
Wonderful idea. Couldn’t you use parchment paper to get it out of the pan easier?
Yes, you could absolutely use parchment paper to line your pan.