A moist chocolate bread engulfed with sweet ripe bananas and dotted with milk chocolate chips. And it’s a healthier version of an all-time favorite made without grains or dairy.
Again, I am always looking for something to make ahead and eat at the office for breakfast.
It seems like a simple task. But for me, I don’t know why this is always so hard to accomplish.
Ok, well, I guess it takes planning.
Planning. What a concept!
And the funny thing is that, I am usually really good at planning – more at work though. There I’m an organized, planning expert!
But for breakfast, that’s a whole other issue!
That’s where this Double Chocolate Banana Bread comes to the rescue!
It’s easy to make. Uses simple ingredients. And you will have enough to last you the last the entire work week!
Not much more you can ask for when you are tying to plan ahead.
As well, in my quest to make things a bit healthier for me and my family, this recipe uses almond milk and coconut sugar, along with almond and coconut flours. The texture is amazing — the moistness comes from the bananas and the chocolate chips as they gently melt as the bread bakes.
Ohhhh…this is one amazing breakfast bread! And it’s chocolate! Score!
It will give you the energy you need in the morning to get through a tough work project, help your kids get back on track for school, and even the hubs my like a slice or two!
This rich bread really takes breakfast to a whole new level. And, did I mention double the chocolate?
Yep, the batter is made with rich 100% cocoa powder, and I’ve added my families favorite milk chocolate chips to the batter. I. even tossed some on the top for extra eye and tummy appeal!
Incorporating all of this chocolate goodness will give you the ultimate chocolate breakfast experience!
But, if you don’t want to eat it for breakfast, that’s OK. You can pretty much eat this cake any time of the day!
I do have to say, this is the best darn chocolate banana bread I have ever made, gluten-free or not!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
By: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup 100% unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick cooking spray (I use coconut spray) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add bananas and mash until you get a smooth texture. Then add eggs and beat with a whisk. Add the sugar, milk and vanilla and mix until combined.
- To a medium bowl add the almond and coconut flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Add 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and gently fold in.
- Pour into the prepared pan, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chops and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool on a rack, then using the parchment paper lift out and cut into slices. Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
Make this Double Chocolate Banana Bread on a Sunday, and you’ll have breakfast for the whole week. Well, that is if it lasts that long!