The perfect amount of eggs and veggies come together to create these tasty and perfectly cooked, Skinny Spinach Frittatas.
Simply put, this is definitely breakfast made easy. If I had one of those “Easy” buttons, I would be pressing on that about a million times!
And, if you are like me, always struggling to find something easy and satisfying to make for breakfast, well, then, this recipe is for you!
I’m not a big egg eater, however lately I have become just that.
With changing up my diet to incorporate a healthier lifestyle, eggs have become my friends.
Whether they are whipped up in a breakfast casserole, scrambled to perfection, made into a frittata, hard-boiled for easy snacking or used for making a great egg salad sandwich — I’m kinda hooked.
However, that has not always been the case.
When I was a kid you could not get me to eat eggs! For me it was all about the waffles, pancakes or an English muffin for my breakfast of choice. Occasionally I would venture out and try eggs. But, they had to be cooked well-done with no part of the eggs runny or loose at all!
One time when I was on a family vacation, we stopped at our annual breakfast place on our way to our destination – I remember they had amazing waffles. But on this particular trip, I decided to have some type of scrambled egg concoction. When it arrived at the table, I could clearly see it was undercooked. I wanted to send it back and either have them cook it a bit more or order something completely different.
But back then, I don’t think people sent food back and so my dad looked at me and told me to eat my breakfast. And that is what I did, clearly grimacing with each and every bite.
And pretty much from that day forward, until I was probably an adult, I never ordered eggs at a restaurant. I stuck with the waffles! And to this day, if I do order eggs at a restaurant, they have to be well-done with none of that jiggly stuff going on!
For me, I would rather cook eggs the way I like them at home. That way, I can control what goes into them and how long I cook them for — just like I have with these Skinny Spinach Frittatas!
SKINNY SPINACH FRITTATAS
By: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (9 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted with the water squeezed out
- 1/4 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided (omit if Whole30)
- 3-4 drops Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Set your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare mini muffin tin (I used a whoopee pie pan with 12 openings) with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and water until combined. Then add the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, Tabasco sauce, and salt and pepper and whisk until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until eggs are set and cheese is browned.
- Let cool slightly and remove from pan. Serve with fresh fruit.
Cook your eggs the way you like them! Enjoy these Skinny Spinach Frittatas!