A refreshing chicken salad with hits of curry served in crisp lettuce leaves. Grapes, celery and pistachios are added for both flavor and texture.
Are you looking for an easy week-day meal prep idea?
If so, this Curried Chicken Salad is super simple, tasty and satisfying!
And for me these days, it’s all about meal preparation. This fresh recipe is perfect to whip up for a lunch or as a light dinner.
It’s especially nice to make during the hot summer months — no need to turn on that pesky oven!
As well, if you are following a special diet, such as Whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free or Paleo, then you need to put this on your menu!
When at work all week, I normally don’t “go out” for lunch.
One, it can get expensive. And two, if you are watching what you eat, it can be challenging.
For me, it’s just easier if I make something in advance to bring for lunch. This way, I know exactly what is in the food I am eating and I can stick to my portion control.
I also like foods that are pretty simply prepared and use fresh ingredients. And the grapes, celery and pistachios add that little bit of crunch to the smooth chicken texture — and instead of bread, use some lettuce leaves — it’s much better for you without all the carbs (that is, if that matters to you).
The other thing I love about this chicken salad — I can whip up a batch on Sunday night, and have all of my lunch prepped for the week. All I need to do is scoop it into the lettuce!
Easy, peasy for sure.
CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD
By: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (homemade for Whole30)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and trimmed
- Add the chicken, grapes, celery and pistachios into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper and whisk until well blended. Pour into large bowl and toss to coat.
- Set lettuce leaves onto serving plate, add a scoop of chicken salad and enjoy!
Get your lunch bag ready for this Curried Chicken Salad!