A big, soft cookie filled with dark chocolate chunks, white chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candy.
Yes, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
The tree is up.
Lights adorn the house.
Holiday music is playing.
Baking has begun!
Just walk into my kitchen and the sweet smells will surround you.
First, let me just say, I’m not a huge cookie baking person. I think it’s because I don’t like how much time it takes to bake dozens upon dozens of cookies. For me, I’d rather make bars!
But for some reason, I’ve recently started to love making the big style cookies filled with lots of goodies. The first batch I made (of a different kind) were consumed so quickly that I did not get the chance to take any photos!
This time, I had strict instructions for the hubs and son – HANDS OF until I give the OK.
These Peppermint Chip Cookies include some of my favorite ingredients – dark chocolate and peppermint! For good measure I also thew in some white chocolate chips – well, heck why not, it’s Christmas!
And while I baked these cookies, let them cool and prepared the photo shoot, the fam was hovering around these like they never eaten before. After I took the final photos, they swooped down and ate them with joy!
These cookies are THAT good! My hubs does not even really like dark chocolate or peppermint – that should tell you something.
They’re are soft, sweet and have a wonderful texture thanks to the peppermint candy.
Peppermint Chip Cookies
By: Sheila| Sweet Baked Life
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Turn your oven to 375 degrees. And get out your cookie sheets and cooling racks.
- Place the flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla powder in a medium bowl and whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugars. Beat on high until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully mixed, then add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour until combined, then add the chocolate and peppermint candy and mix until incorporated.
- Using a large scoop (or you can use a spoon or your hands), portion the dough into large balls and place onto the cookie sheets. Be sure to leave enough space in between (I put about 6 cookies per tray).
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat until all dough is used.
Get into the holiday mood by baking up a batch or two of these big Peppermint Chip Cookies now!