With the cold chill of winter in the air, these Cookie Butter Dump bars will warm you instantly!
Since we are speaking of the cold, it’s been bitter cold here — even freezing. The temperature has been in the 30s-40s, and in our area that’s really, really cold! It even snowed in downtown Sacramento (where I work) on Monday! This is quite unusual and very rare for us. I even had to drive home in the slushy stuff. It was crazy! It was so cold overnight that the snow did not even melt. Some streets had to be plowed; I think the equipment had to be brought down from the Sierras!
To tell the truth, it was not real snow, but a huge dumping of hail! In any event, it was amazing to see, and I’m sticking to my story that it snowed in Sacramento!
So, enough of the cold already — let’s get on to something more pleasant – sweets!
Where do I begin with these bars? Let’s just say I love cookie butter.
And if you’ve not heard of this wonderful stuff, it’s pretty much ground Belgian cookies combined with oils and turned into a creamy delight. Looks like an almond or peanut butter, but it has subtle warm undertones of gingerbread.
I can pretty much eat this creamy concoction out of the jar!
OK, but I don’t. Or do I?
I just have one word to describe cookie butter – Heavenly.
Talk about easy peasy!
These bars come together in a snap.
With the word “dump” in the title, you know it’s like this; gather ingredients, dump them into baking dish and bake.
What could be easier? Nothing!
And I don’t know about you, but for me, I’m all about simple recipes.
And the taste, well, it’s warm and wonderful — the unique cookie butter base, topped with dry sugar cookie mix, drizzled with melted butter, baked to perfection, and dusted with a bit of confectioners sugar (just like snow!), these Cookie Butter Dump bars are irrisistable!
Just be sure you don’t eat the jar of cookie butter before you make these, or be careful after they are baked, as they have been known to disappear before your eyes!
COOKIE BUTTER DUMP BARS
By: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
- 1 jar (14 oz) Trader Joes Speculoos Cookie Butter
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- Confectioners sugar for dusting on top
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add cookie butter, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl and stir until combined. Then pour mixture into prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle dry cookie mix evenly over cookie butter batter and drizzle the melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and set.
- Cool on a rack, sprinkle with a bit of confectioners sugar, then cut into squares and serve.
If you’re in need of a quick and incredible tasting dessert, the time is now to make these Cookie Butter Dump Bars! These are especially good if you snuggled up at home on a rare snow day!