A light dessert made with cherry jello layered on top of a graham cracker crust.
I’ve been on a break – a break from my oven!
With the summer in full-swing, and temperatures soaring into the 100’s for weeks straight, I have not felt like baking anything, or really cooking at all.
So, if you’re feeling like me, forget about turning on the oven and consider whipping up this super easy Cherry Jello Dessert. Prepare it in the morning and you’ll have a tasty dessert to enjoy in the evening.
So, give your oven a break and opt for this light and airy no-bake dessert now.
I love no-bake desserts. To me, they are the perfect treat to make throughout the summer months. So if your energy has been zapped from the heat, now is the time to make this stress-free, cool dessert.
It starts with a crisp graham cracker crust. Next is a layer of cherry jello combined with fresh whipped cream. Then for a bit of added flavor, it’s topped off with a thin layer of sweet buttercream frosting. Toss on some pink candy pearls for an extra fancy look!
Not only will you have a pretty dessert to present, the cool and refreshing flavors will sooth you at the end of a long, hot summer day.
Cherry Jello No-Bake Dessert
By: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
For the crust:
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 3oz boxes Cherry Jello mix
- 1 -1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- Ice Cubes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2-3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- For the crust: Into a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well. Pour into a 11×7-inch baking dish and refrigerate for 1 hour. Once crust is set, continue with the rest of the recipe.
- For the filling: In a large bowl add the cherry jello then pour in the boiling water over and whisk until completely dissolved. Fill your measuring cup with the cold water, then add enough ice cubes to make 1-1/2 cups and pour into the jello mixture. Whisk until all the ice melts and the jello starts to thicken. Let cool before the next step.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add the heavy whipping cream (for both the filling and topping) and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the cooled jello and whisk until combined. Pour the mixture onto the crust and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For the topping: Place the butter into a large bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and whisk until fluffy – about 3 minutes. Add the confectioners sugar, vanilla and heavy cream and beat on high-speed for 5 minutes. Once the jello mixture is set, spread the buttercream over the the jello with an offset spatula and top with sprinkles and place back into the refrigerator until ready to serve. Slice and enjoy!
Celebrate summer treats — get your plate ready for a big slice of this no-bake Cherry Jello Dessert!