A delightful pound cake flavored with apple cider and topped with an apple cider glaze!
If you love the flavor combination of sweet crisp apples and warm spices then I’ve got the perfect treat for you!
With just one bite of this Apple Cider Pound Cake your mood will instantly change – your tummy will be warmed and you’ll be transformed to a cozy place.
So, sit down, pour a cup of tea or coffee and unwind from your day with a big slice of this dessert.
It’s easy to make, and as it bakes in your oven, this cake will fill your home with the comforting aromas associated with fall.
And if you are looking for an alternative to all the pumpkin treats out there, then incorporating apples and spices is definitely the way to go.
For me, I am not a huge pumpkin fan.
Sure, I have made a few treats with the healthy gourd, but in general it’s not something I usually bake with.
But apples, yes, they are a favorite in my home. My boys love them in any form – raw, as cider or juice or baked. So, deciding to make this cake was an easy decision!
Like I said, this Apple Cider Pound Cake comes together easy.
First you mix together a few basic ingredients; flour, sugar, butter, and eggs then add some spices and a little spiced apple cider. Pop the cake into the oven and bake it to pure golden perfection. Then you’ll whip up a simple glaze of confectioners sugar and more spiced apple cider and pour it on the top.
Super easy. Super delicious. A warm and wonderful flavor.
My hubs and son gobbled up this cake in no time flat! You may know that these guys are my official taste testers — and for that matter they are super picky.
That being said, since it was devoured so fast, you know it’s THAT good!
Apple Cider Pound Cake
by: Sheila | Sweet Baked Life
For the Cake:
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup spiced apple cider (I used Trader Joe’s Spiced Cider)*
For the Glaze
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons spiced apple cider
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper then spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside until ready to use.
- Into a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside. Then into a large bowl, add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla and whisk until well blended.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients and 1/2 of the apple cider into the large bowl of the wet ingredients and stir; then repeat using the remaining dry ingredients and apple cider. Mix until combined then pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes – until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes, then using the ends of the parchment paper, lift out of pan and place on cooling rack.
- When the cake is completely cool, add the ingredients for the glaze into a small bowl and whisk until combined. Adjust to your liking by adding more confectioners sugar or apple cider. Remove the parchment paper from the cake and place onto a serving tray. Pour the glaze over the top of the cake – spread with an offset spatula if needed to create an even layer. Cut into slices and enjoy.
*Note: If you don’t have spiced cider, you can substitute regular apple cider and then double the ground spices.
Get ready to celebrate fall with this comforting Apple Cider Pound Cake!